Nov 17, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Ornaments

I love the smell of these ornaments and making them is so simple.



Ingredients
1 cup of cinnamon
1 cup cup of apple sauce
1/4 cup of white glue

Add all ingredients in a large bowl
Knead the dough then wrap in plastic wrap
I prefer to let the dough sit in the fridge for about an hour.



Sprinkle your work area with cinnamon
then roll out dough aprox 1/4 inch thick, make sure it isn't to thin.



I used cookie cutters for my shapes.
Once you have all your shapes cut out, take a straw or pen top and make a hole somewhere at the top of the ornament for hanging.
Place them on a cookie sheet and bake at 200 degrees for 2 hours, I flipped mine after an hour.



Once the ornaments are dry decorate them with glitter/stickers/jewels/paint ect
I did a wire wrap hook for mine, but ribbon would be just fine as well.

These ornaments will last for years and maintain their smell .

Here's a few finished ornaments:)


No comments:

Post a Comment