Nov 18, 2010

Dried Orange Ornaments

This year my focus is the smells of Christmas. These dry oranges smell so good and are another very easy craft for Christmas.

I wash my oranges first and dry them well.
The large oranges with a thinner skin work best.

Slice the oranges about 1/4 inch thick


place orange slices on paper towel then poke whole cloves around the edges.




I then cover the oranges with more paper towel and blot them to remove the excess juices.


Lay oranges on a cookie sheet and bake at 200 degrees for 4-6 hours



On this tray I also added 2 half oranges that I scraped out and put cloves around the top. I am thinking of using them as a nest for some of our left over pine cones and sticks from our nature walk.


Flip the oranges every hour or so so make sure they dry on both sides.


You can also decorate the oranges with glitter/paint/wire ect. I chose to leave mine natural with just a ribbon and some beads as I liked the look.


When placed in front of Christmas lights on the tree the light shines through showing all the veins of the orange and the smell of the orange and cloves fill the room.

I will post pictures of all my ornaments on my tree when we get it put up:)

No comments:

Post a Comment