Nov 21, 2010

Rustic Twine Christmas Ornaments

Here are some very simple ornaments that add a bit of country and the smell of Christmas to your home. Best of all, I got almost all my supplies at the dollar store!!


Here's what you need:
1 ball of twine
Styrofoam balls
cinnamon sticks
whole cloves
plastic berries
glue gun/sticks
ribbon
First I poke one whole clove through the Styrofoam marking the top of the ball.


Place a circle of hot glue around the clove and begin gluing the twine.

Work your way around the ball gluing the twine making sure that all the Styrofoam is covered.

I then poke another clove in the bottom of the ball.

Cut a 3 inch piece of twine and a 3 inch piece of ribbon, glue them together in the center. hot glue onto your ball.


Using that handy glue gun I just decorate the outside of the twine ball with the cinnamon stick a few cloves, berries and ribbon.




So simple :) Unfortunately my little helpers couldn't do much to help with this craft due to the hot glue gun, but they had some great ideas on what I should decorate them with.



No comments:

Post a Comment